The below is our standard timeline for updated or new website development. Variableness exists in the times based on client content availability.
– Set up new CMS instance, typically WordPress. Included are installation of base theme/framework, plugins and other required software.
– Establish Admin and Developer users.
– Create initial sitemap of required pages.
– Export or copy old site pages from any existing website. Replicate the URL page address.
– Sales Rep to determine from Client the exact and ideal address for the directory/local SEO/Reputation
– Sales Rep to set up with GH Local SEO rep to establish local SEO buildout. Begin Reputation Management.
– For $779 plan, Sales Rep to gather additional information with Client for deeper buildout on directories. Included are hours, basic description and other common features with GH Local SEO rep.
– Wireframe layout as needed.
– Front page customization with areas for slider, introductory text, social media feed, Google reviews
– Determine primary slider graphics with calls to action and primary messages. Pictures to be either gathered from Client or Stock photography. Sales Rep to determine primary calls to actions with Client. Designer to determine graphics based on calls to action.
– Review slider images with client. Adjust and get approval.
– Install and configure security (Wordfence, IP GeoBlock)
– Decorate Front page including sidebar, quick contact form, Google Map and pin, Footer.
– Install and configure Google Analytics
– SEO work to setup Front Page Meta Descriptions, Google Webmaster Tools, OnSite/Yoast SEO tools
– Internal Page layout, header, footer, side bar configuration
– Begin Content build out to minimum of 15 pages. Use existing pages and edit as required by content team and/or client.
– Begin Social Media posting
– Continue Content Buildout as required by content availability and client provided information.
– Transfer or repoint domain name to new site.
– Quality Control – Site will be checked thoroughly by Salesperson and member of project team, proofing all links, wording and videos
– Client approval – Salesperson will review site with client prior to launch for approval on launching.
– Launch and begin active analytics, link monitoring
– Train client on accessing backend of website, adding information and adjusting as needed.
If the site includes advanced management systems, such as e-commerce, membership, events, tickets, private or restricted content, portal or other systems, the timeline will be modified to reflect the additional functionality and content required.